Full-time | Auckland
About the role
This is a key role within our fast-growing consultancy, adding your skills and experience to our existing data analytics capability.
You’ll work in multi-disciplinary environments to develop analytical solutions, deliver actionable insights and contribute to the development of data pipelines, data warehousing and BI solutions. This provides a real impact to our clients, enabling them to grow through enhanced performance and enablement.
What you’ll be tasked with
- Build and maintain a good client relationship both in technical and business aspects
- Contribute to the development of specification documents required as part of the design process
- Participate in the development of strategies, operating models (i.e. organisations and processes), roadmaps and business cases for analytics and business intelligence solutions
- Participate in the development of data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows and best practices.
- Contribute to building analytics tools that utilise data to provide actionable insights
- Build proof of concept solutions utilising cloud-based tools
- Contribute to the ongoing development of end-to-end data pipelines using on-premise or cloud-based data platforms
- Collaborate with data analysts and data scientists to curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in reporting, visualisation, and advanced analytical models
- Bring together disparate data sources, interpret, merge, and ensure data consistency end to end
- Develop reporting, data visualisations and dashboards
- Utilise the predictive analytics and machine learning capabilities of our tools to provide actionable insights
- Always be looking to improve internal processes, e.g. automating manual processes or optimising data delivery
- Provide user and/or as-built documentation at the end of development suitable for handover to a client, stakeholder and/or developer
- Provide end-user training as part of project completion, ensuring a smooth handover to users and stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of scalable, efficient, automated processes for workflow development, workflow validation, workflow implementation and large-scale data analysis
- Provide thought leadership and dependable execution across a wide range of projects
- Coordinate with business users for data validation and user acceptance testing as part of service delivery
- Identify emerging trends and opportunities for future client growth and development
Ideally, you’ll have some of these tools in your belt
- The must-have tools are Azure Data Factory, DBT, Snowflake/SQL, Alteryx, Tableau & Tableau Server and Power BI
- Exposure to the main players in Cloud and cloud-native data warehouses such as Snowflake (our favourite!), AWS/Redshift, GCP/BigQuery, Azure
- ETL/ELT tools such as DBT, SSIS, Talend, Alteryx, Coalesce, Fivetran, ADF
- Relational databases such as Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Understanding of software development in languages such as Python, Scala, Java, TSQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with DevOps, GitHub
- Working with data in other forms, such as XML, JSON, or CSV
- Exposure to any of the software in our partner ecosystem; Snowflake, DBT, Fivetran, Alteryx, Tableau, Collibra, DataRobot and ThoughtSpot
You will be joining a team of highly talented individuals from a range of backgrounds and experience, you will form part of an energised team in growth mode and with a high degree of autonomy, given the freedom to ‘think outside the box’. And being part of the FIRN team means you are supported by your mentors and teammates.
We encourage our team to grow and learn at every opportunity, offering ongoing training and upskilling across a wide range of tools and skills. Where there is an interest, we’ll do our best to make it happen! We are always looking to innovate on the job and strive to do things better all the time, so we encourage and support this within the team always. We are interested in providing support for you to become even more successful and grow in your own professional development.
We provide a flexible work environment, no one is ‘watching the clock’. With trust and honesty as values we hold up, we know you will get the job done because you care and believe in what you do and why you come to work every day. Hours of work are 40 hours Monday to Friday. Salary expectations are $70,000-$90,000 depending on level of experience.
If you have the required skills and experience, feel you’d be a good fit with our team and would like more information on this role, please send your resume to email@example.com